Registered Dietitian Services
Registered Dietitians work in partnership with the patient and other members of the healthcare team to help patients optimize their health and nutrition in a way that aligns with their unique lifestyle, culture, access to food and preferences. Dietitians can offer support at all ages and stages from pregnancy through older age, addressing both normal nutrition and supporting patients to manage acute and chronic disease. A dietitian will provide education, nutrition counselling and support, and when applicable, assistance in connecting patients with a professional or resource best suited to their needs.
Registered Dietitians can offer education and support in following nutrition-related areas:
- Acid Reflux / GERD
- Celiac Disease
- Disordered Eating / Eating Disorders
- Food Allergies
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Picky Eating
- Weight Management
- ...and other nutrition questions
To speak with a registered dietitian, patients may self-refer, or
request a referral from their provider. This service is available to
patients enrolled with the ESHT.
What to Expect:
- Non-judgmental, patient focused approach to improve nutrition and lifestyle for optimal health
- Individual and family sessions available
- Education opportunities may include individual and/or group sessions. Check our community calendar for upcoming events that may interest you.
- Attend scheduled appointments on time, and notify ahead if the need arises to cancel or reschedule
- Complete any required blood work prior to appointment, if applicable
- Be open to challenging yourself with new knowledge, skills and habits!